We need to find a different way to market and sell products to improve our businesses. Company’s are pursuing potential customers based on them simply showing an interest in a piece of content the company has published. But as the following article argues, see link below, we need to rethink this content marketing sales funnel if we are to really find value in all the opt ins to our mailing lists we garner from this process.
Companies with a good customer base, like Redbull, have begun to expand outside of their normal working operations. Instead of maketing food or beverages, they have moved into hosting concerts, sponsoring teams and events, and running multiple social media accounts.
The new strategy has three steps.
- The first would be the number of subscribers who stay with the company and constantly buy their products. Those subscribers follow you on social media and watch your content whenever they see it.
- The second step would be research; to ask the subscriber to do a simple survey on the product to help the company understand what they can improve or let them know if something isn’t working.
- The third step is launch. It would allow you to show the subscriber other products your company works on. Gerber for instance make food, clothes, life insurance, and formula. As the company grows and creates more subscribers, they will create more revenue streams.
- Build your clientele first before you build your product. Know that you will have an audience before you actually launch a product.
- A company needs to know how to get a subscriber, someone who receives weekly/monthly emails as opposed to someone who is a customer who will come back willingly.
- Grab someones attention, mark their responses, and allow customers to learn more about the brand.
“Build your audience first. THEN create your product,” is exactly how marketers should approach content marketing.”