If your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) efforts aren’t designed to work together than may come into conflict which will have an impact on your bottom line. If you want to rank better in search results and boost your conversion rate, then you will need to address this at the earliest opportunity and come up with SEO and CRO strategies that compliment one another.
The difference between SEO and CRO strategies
SEO strategies help deliver traffic to your sites. Strategies such as link building, internal linking and keyword placement will help your sites rank better in search engine results. This doesn’t however guarantee more conversions.
CRO, on the other hand, helps you convert that traffic into leads and customers. In fact the main goal of CRO is to get visitors to your sites to take a specific action. If your SEO and CRO aren’t optimal and working in a cohesive fashion, then you should consider the following ideas so you can improve the performance of both:
1. Match your landing page to your meta tags – So, for example, if your meta tags promise an answer to a search query ensure your landing page images, text and offer match what you used and promised when optimising for the given keyword search.
2. Implement A/B and multivariate testing – Improve your site visitors experience by testing the layout and text of your landing pages. Test, analyse, deploy and then go again. Make sure to deploy a canonical tag so search engine spiders know which variation is the original source for indexing.
4. Use Videos to sell your service – Videos can greatly increase engagement when relevant to a users search. They are also perceived, rightly or wrongly, as the highest value piece of content. So going the extra mile to produce a video that walks people through your service offering and solves your users problems will have a big impact on engagement, trust and time on site.
- SEO efforts shouldn’t ruin your conversion rate, and vice versa, if you build a marketing plan with both working in cohesion.
- Create different landing pages for the different stages of your conversion funnel.
- You can design landing pages that satisfy both your SEO and CRO needs.
“As improved user experience becomes a stronger criterion for search engines, search engine optimization and conversion rate optimization are becoming a complementary, multistep process in marketing your business.”
Read more: http://marketingland.com/4-ways-can-improve-website-conversion-seo-211144