Are you looking for quick wins to improve your SEO results? If so the below article on Search Engine Land includes five important points SEO’s can do to improve results for new clients most of which we’d concur with in our experience.
- The first thing to focus on is consolidating assets, sometimes brands have more than one websites. Focus is key as spreading your efforts too thin will get you nowhere.
- Secondly, find unlinked mentions of your client on other sites and work to fix these by reaching out to the sites to see if they will turn the mention into a live link.
- Next up creating a longer sales page, somewhere around 2,200 to 2,500 words, is ideal. Fill it with real high value content for the user. The reason being search engines like Google love longer pages that really go into great depth in answering the users query (although this is also linked to a users time on page and engagement).
- Fourth, find your low hanging fruit keywords. Update wording on the clients site so existing content is better optimised for target keywords can move such pages up the search engine rankings.
- Finally you should internationalise, that is if you want to target a specific country on google then you can use Google Search Console to tell Google which country the website should be targeted at.
- Encourage clients to consolidate by getting rid of defunct websites and centralizing with one site and home page.
- Increase the amount of relevant text on your clients site pages.
- Internationalizing the site will help improve results in the medium to long term.
“One of the easiest and often most overlooked SEO wins is to find unlinked brand mentions for a client.”